Welcome Note

Welcome to Little Raven's world; The Best Bits of my travels in Australia and around the world.

Monday, November 14, 2011

16 March Traditional Arts Performance in Gion

On the 16th of March not much really happened during the day, I contacted my travel insurance company, and the airline to try and change my flights without having to pay extra. I also spent a lot of time on Skype trying to reassure everyone that I was fine, and that their entire country was no affected in the same way as the North East. While it will not be remembered as the most enjoyable day that I spent in Japan, it did end well.

While on the walking tour of Gion we had been shown a large theatre in which traditional performances were held. I decided that given how much I enjoyed the Maiko dances in Atami, that I would like to see some other art/music/dance styles as well. I cannot remember the name of all of the different performances, and I may have some wrong, so please correct me, if you know the correct terms.


*The streets of Gion on a rain soaked night*

*Bunraku Puppet show*

*The beautifully painted/embroidered stage curtain*

*Tea Ceremony*

*Two Geiko playing Koto*

*Ikebana, Flower arranging*

*The 'Hayashi' band for the 'Noh' play*

* Noh actor*

*The Noh performance*

*Another style of play, a comedy*

*Maiko dancing*

No comments:

Post a Comment