Welcome Note

Welcome to Little Raven's world; The Best Bits of my travels in Australia and around the world.

Monday, November 14, 2011

12 March Exploring Kyoto

The 12th of March was a difficult day, it was hard to leave the hostel, as so many people were contacting me to see if I was okay, and I was watching BBC news to find out more about the earthquake and tsunami. Eventually I realised that if I didn't leave I would just become more upset, and since I was here I should probably do some exploring. This is what I found on my twilight walk to one of the most famous (and beautiful) Temple complexes in Kyoto,  Kiyomizu Dera:

*Traditional and modern, the temple streets and the big city*

*Beautiful garden at the entrance to the Temple*

*That entire sign is made from fresh flowers, he was choosing them one at a time*

*This tiered graveyard was even large (I think) than the one in Tokyo* 

*Fresh orange juice and a custard cream puff, I love temple street stalls*

*The main entrance, 2 girls in Kimono are almost at the top of the stairs*


*The most beautiful view of Kyoto city at sunset*


*Temple built on stilts*

*Shrine entrance and fortune tellers' stalls*


* Kyoto Tower at Sunset, From a bridge near the Hostel*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment