Welcome Note

Welcome to Little Raven's world; The Best Bits of my travels in Australia and around the world.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fish Market(Again) to Harajuku to Atami- 26th Feb

Today was a strange day, I think days when you change places always are.
My day began at 4:15am with my second attempt to go to the Tokyo fish market.
This time Kamilla and Thea (From Denmark) came with me, we took a taxi and arrived at 5:05am. Still managed to miss out on the tours, so we just snuck in. We saw quite a few interesting things before someone discovered us and kicked us out. Then we just looked at the shops. I found this. Unfortunately not for sale.

--- Fish Market---

It seemed to be the appropriate thing, so we ate sushi for breakfast



--- Sushi Breakfast---

Then home to bed, because as you can clearly see I needed the sleep!
After checking out of the Khaosan hostel (which was a great place to stay and I highly recommend it) I left my luggage and headed for Harajuku. On the way I had to change trains at Ueno station.
Upon seeing a mass of teenage girls armed with cameras crowded around a series of screens I naturall felt I should join in.
This is what I saw:



--- Samurai Type People ---

It was some sort of advertising thing for a certain region/town in Japan, they were handing out brochures.
It got a bit weirder, as there was a giant plush thing... I think it was a blueberry, but I can`t be too sure.



--- Giant Blueberry ---

After that i did actually make it to Harajuku.



--- Harajuku ---

After picking up my luggage I headed off on yet another Shinkansen to Atami.
My bed in the business hotel is the hardest thing I have ever had the bad fortune to sleep on. It is even harder than the floor in Paige`s room.

No comments:

Post a Comment