Welcome Note

Welcome to Little Raven's world; The Best Bits of my travels in Australia and around the world.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

24th Feb "Every-body wants to go to Japan"

So, the 24th of February.
It began with my mostly unsuccessful attempt to see the famous Tokyo fish market.
I arrived at about 6:30am which I thought was early, but it turns out you have to be there at about 4:30 to get a spot in the tours, or after 9 when one section is open to the general public. I did see some interesting things, as there is a huge market filled with lots of unusual groceries, but it wasnt what i had been expecting, and i couldnt find enough to keep me amused until 9, and it was freezing and raining. The only fish photo i have is this one of a giant tuna.

--- Tuna ---

After the market I dont remember what i did, but after THAT I met up with: Laura, Veronique, Gabbi, Maxine and Shanti. They ate breakfast and I ate lunch and eventually we headed off to Ginza to an amazing 8 storey stationary shop. So amazing. No photos allowed! But this is Ginza.



--- Ginza ---

Then we went to Shinjuku in search of coloured wigs and other novelties. Maxine and I ate delicious pork ramen with Salary-Men and the others ate... I dont know what. We all tried on awesome wigs and hats... and I bought fuzzy ear things!





--- Hats Etc. ---

We stayed in Shinjuku until after dark, and it really is spectacular!




--- Shinjuku ---

No comments:

Post a Comment