Welcome Note

Welcome to Little Raven's world; The Best Bits of my travels in Australia and around the world.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Takayama- A Town of Nostalgia

After indulging in some shopping at Toyama station (I bought a dress, lace socks and some shoes) I caught the 'Wide-View' train to Takayama. The scenery was amazing, if you are ever in this part of the world I highly recommend you take this train trip, as it is the most spectacular thing you can see for free (if you have JR Pass).


--- The Emerald water ---



Once I arrived in Takayama the friendly staff at the tourist information office phoned the Minshuku I was to stay at, and the owned came to pick me up from the station.  My room is quite nice, traditional style. Though for some reason I took an instant dislike to the pale green tatami mats.


Following my tradition of exploring each new town I visit on foot, I set off to wander Takayama with my map in hand. Some of the interesting things I cam across include:





--- It is impossible to show just how HUGE these trees were, you could see the for miles around---


--- Bad fortunes left on the trees ---


--- The Minshuku where I stayed ---



--- I love this photo, it's my favourite I have taken this whole trip ---

No comments:

Post a Comment