Welcome Note

Welcome to Little Raven's world; The Best Bits of my travels in Australia and around the world.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Land of the Rising Sun

My first glimpse of Japan was like a scene from a movie, the sun was setting behind the mountains, the coastline was shrouded in mist, and little lights were flickering on boats and in houses. So beautiful.
From the airport I took a bus to my hotel for the night. Waiting for the bus I realised just how FREEZING it was. Luckily I had my cape. I hid in it and looked like Grug. Here is a photo to prove it.

---- Grug photo----

My hotel in `Rinku Town` (a random seaside town about 10mins from Kansai Airport) was so beautiful. Everyone was really nicely dressed and looked rich. I looked like Grug, or possibly Grug on drugs, because I had been awake since 4am... but anyway.


--- View from my window towards Kansai Airport ---

22 Feb: After a thoroughly random breakfast I investigated Rinku-Town. Of course everything was closed because it was about 8am, but the giant ferris wheel was pretty cool.


-- Ferris Wheel--


--- Shinkansen ---
My next adventure involved changing trains 5 or 6 times to get to Tokyo. On this trip i discovered some things: There are a lot of cabbages in Osaka, smoking carriages on trains are NOT a good idea, Mount Fuji really is very beautiful and impressive, and I like Japanese food (even when I don`t know what it is).



--- Mt Fuji ---

The hostel I am staying in is in Asakusa, which is a rather historic part of Tokyo. To get there I have to `walk over the blue bridge`. When i read the directions online I was worried I wouldnt be able to see the blue bridge... I needn`t have worried. >.>





-- Blue Bridge---

I went for a bit of a walk to visit some of my favourite places in Asakusa. 




Oh and I also went to an Arts and Crafts Museum that I found. This was my favourite picture*



And so ended my first full day in Japan. 

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't that blue bridge in Zettai Kareshi? (I've seen it in TV dramas many times and now I know it's in Asakusa!)

    I like the Grug picture :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha now I can comment on this blog!
    And yes that is a very blue bridge

    ReplyDelete